Weekend getaways and the Caribbean Islands go together like coconuts and rum
With so much to do and so many islands to visit, it is the perfect place to escape from the everyday. However, your expectation of the perfect Caribbean getaway can fade fast without proper research and planning. All of the Caribbean Islands provide the requisite picturesque turquoise blue oceans, soft breezes, and warm white sand beaches. Let me help you pick the best Caribbean vacation for you.
Following are my Top 12 Caribbean Islands:
1. Cayman Islands: Definitely one of the most scenic destinations in the Caribbean. The Cayman Islands offer prime diving sites and beaches with miles of white sandy stretches for you to explore.
2. Jamaica: Jamaica is perfect if you are craving lively Caribbean culture. The all-inclusive resorts welcome active travelers visiting the Blue Mountains.
3. St. Kitts: St. Kitts is not just for college kids who like fun in the sun–mature partiers enjoy the warm sands of Oualie on this incredible island.
4. St. Martin – St. Maarten: Come for the excellent beaches and lots of activity (when you’re ready for it) on St. Martin-St. Maarten. A great island for foodies, like myself–consider having lunch at one of the huts located along the shore. Please note the update below. This island was critically damaged during the 2017 Hurrican Season.
5. US Virgin Islands: Spring is the season to enjoy the USVI, particularly in late April when St. Thomas’ boisterous Carnival season gets started. Not up for the party? You can still enjoy the virginal beauty of a St. John beach or historical trivia on a St. Croix plantation tour. Please note the update below. This island was critically damaged during the 2017 Hurrican Season.
6. Puerto Rico: With Puerto Rico’s easy accessibility from the US, this island offers excellent options for sun-seekers. Puerto Rico’s size guarantees plentiful beaches (like Mosquito Bay and Carolina Beach), and San Juan is always buzzing. Please note the update below. This island was critically damaged during the 2017 Hurrican Season.
7. Punta Cana: Punta Cana is beautiful and all about tourist comfort. Lots of action for those who have the energy to burn after a day or two of total relaxation.
8. British Virgin Islands: The grand British Virgin Islands boasts an exquisite shoreline at Cane Garden Bay. Infused with refined British culture, this archipelago offers the personification of Caribbean luxury. Please note the update below. This island was critically damaged during the 2017 Hurrican Season.
9. Barbados: Barbados offers unique flare, along with the standard Caribbean Island draws–beaches, golf courses, and palatial resorts. Here, you can try bittersweet Mount Gay Rum, attend a horse race, and dance the night away to an infectious calypso tune.
10. Turks & Caicos: Home to some of the most stunning beaches of the Caribbean, Turks & Caicos makes a wonderful retreat if you are looking for maximum comfort in a tropical setting. Please note the update below. This island was critically damaged during the 2017 Hurrican Season.
11. St. Lucia: Lush and completely natural, St. Lucia has a growing fan base. Perfect for music lovers at springtime at their jazz festival, which has featured acts like Ne-Yo, Corinne Bailey, Rae, Kenny G, and the late Amy Winehouse.
12. St. Barts: There’s no doubt the French Caribbean island of St. Barthelemy is in vogue. You’re right on target if you are looking for a Euro-themed utopia with plenty of shorelines to fulfill any pirate adventure fantasy.
How many of these have you been to, or which would you add to this list?
Do you want to how to make your holiday more than your ordinary vacation?
Within two days of your vacation your blood pressure goes down, you sleep better, and your mind opens to new ways of thinking and inspiration.
If you’d like to learn more about how to bring more of those good feelings you get on vacation into your every day life, checkout my book , Be a Spiritual Girl in a Material World: Achieve Radical Personal Success Without Sacrificing Your Health, Wealth, and Happiness.
In it I offer a new way to manage your day and your life so you can achieve the success you desire without sacrificing your wellbeing.